Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trouble Sleeping

When you are about to pack up your life and take off for who knows how long, life suddenly seems to be something you handle with care. I seem to wake up every morning wondering what new adventure will come my way and what memories I will create to take with me when I'm homesick. I guess I am just evaluating life a little too much. I keep thinking a thousand things such as ... Am I running away because I haven't found what I'm looking for here? Am I going to come back in a year, or will I fall in love with the world? What will I do on my vacations? Will I travel all over Europe to make up for the fact that this will be my first Christmas without my family? God, I sound as though I am homesick all ready and here I am still in Colorado. I wish I could stop my constant thinking already.

Lately I have had severe trouble sleeping. Reasons?? One is probably the creepy house I live in, true. But the significant reason? I think that even though I act as though I am not nervous, my subconcious is taking over at night and freaking out. Its making me have tons of crazy dreams and night terrors. I think its a sign that I need to somehow center myself and just calm down. Or that I'm not doing enough thinking in the daytime. Should I listen? Probably, but I refuse to spend my next month acting as though I'm already gone.

When it comes down to it, I thought that keeping myself extremely busy would be a way for me to avoid all the thinking, but here it is bombarding me in my sleep and when I'm awake. I keep trying to tell myself... Just let it all happen. Thats what life is. Hopefully my mind will start listening to me when I fall asleep. If not I'm going to be one extremely tired American arriving in my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment